LISTEN AND REPEAT THESE EXPRESSIONS.
• What’s the best way to get to the country?
• Is there a bus from here?
• How long does it take?
• Is there any place to eat there?
• Should we take some food?
• There’s a castle.
• The view from the top of the hill is breathtaking.
• The scenery around here is magnificent.
• You can visit the castle.
• Are there any good walks?
• It gets a bit touristy in August, but it’s great for most of the year.
• What’s a typical souvenir from here?
• Is there a guided tour?
• Do we have to tip the guide?
• How do we get to that restaurant?
NOW LISTEN TO THIS DIALOGUE. IN THIS CONVERSATION, THOMAS CALLS A BED & BREAKFAST.
Receptionist: Country Oaks Bed & Breakfast, how may I help you?
Thomas: Hi, I’m thinking of coming for a visit in the next few weeks. What’s the best way to get there from the city?
Receptionist: Take bus 35 from Appleton Street. Then, get off at the Cherry Turnpike, exit number 16. The house is the third one on the right, with a blue and pink sign.
Thomas: Is there any sightseeing nearby?
Receptionist: Well, there’s a town with a medieval castle about 20 minutes away. There are guided tours that leave in the morning and then again in the afternoon.
Thomas: Mmmm, that sounds interesting.
Receptionist: Yes, it’s really charming. It’s a great place to take the family.
Thomas: What about restaurants? Are there many nearby?
Receptionist: There are a few. There’s a nice little place in the village that sells traditional food.
Thomas: OK. That sounds great. Do you have two rooms with twin beds for the weekend of Saturday the 12th?
Receptionist: Erm… Let me check… Yes, we have two rooms available.
Receptionist: What’s your name, please?
Thomas: Thomas Sanders.
Receptionist: All right, Mr Sanders. We’ll see you in two weeks.
For Company Classes or Private Tuition, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories: LEARN ENGLISH